Pre-Conference Workshops are 3-hour long specialized training sessions focused on best practices to improve processes, people and technology across the manufacturing business. They are designed to give in-depth training on specific topics.
Future Trends for Continuing Professional Education
Monday May 8, 2017
9:00am - 12:00pm
This workshop offers three inter-related educational modules with instructors from Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) addressing the future trends for Continuing Professional Education and the emergent models of strategic partnerships between universities and industry to develop creative and alternative training programs for the incumbent workforce. Workshop participants will have an opportunity to experience an example of soft skill development available to working professionals through an interactive visioning session and group work focused on identifying the workforce development needs of tomorrow. The workshop also includes a sample mini course on presentation skills. Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions and follow up with the speakers.
- 9-10 a.m. Square Peg in a Round Hole: Matching Professional Education Needs with the Culture of American Colleges and Universities, Brian Amkraut, Executive Director, Siegal Lifelong Learning Program, CWRU
- 10-11 a.m. Interactive Visioning Exercise: Workforce Skillsets of Tomorrow, Monica Dumitriu, Strategy Consultant, SLLP Continuing Professional Studies, CWRU
- 11-12 p.m. Presentation Skills for Technical Professionals, Bill Doll, SLLP Instructor, CWRU
Siegel Lifelong Learning Program
Sarah de Swart
University Center for Innovation in Teaching and Education
How to Approach Innovation In A Way That Drives Real Results: The Tools, Techniques and Thought Processes Your Organization Needs to Succeed
Monday May 8, 2017
1:30pm - 4:30pm
Learn simple steps and gain the impactful tools your organization craves to successfully develop and implement innovative efforts in your company. SmartShape Design’s team of innovation experts will lead attendees through an innovation adventure, presenting a problem for attendees to solve through a mock creative ideation session. This three-hour interactive session is built to help you start approaching challenges differently with new ways of thinking about the same old problems. Attendees will be able to go back to their companies and replicate the process shared, for increasingly dynamic and cutting-edge solutions.
Warning: this session may lead to a complete overhaul in your company’s way of approaching innovation, resulting in cost-savings and increased revenue. You’ve been warned.
ADDITIONAL SESSION DETAILS:
- Opportunities for honest feedback on innovation challenges and successes with experts from SmartShape Design will be present throughout, as well as before and after the start of the session.
- Each small group team will have a skilled SmartShape designer working with them to help them articulate undefined ideas into tangible concepts—bringing ideas to life.