Risk assessments are the key to machinery safety. They pave the way for a level of risk reduction that's both effective and economical. With a systematic risk assessment that’s based for your individual requirements, you can identify the existing hazards to which your staff are exposed during operation or maintenance. Once identified, remediation is necessary to ensure these hazards are addressed, which then lays the foundation for comprehensive safety in your production plant.
• Review the hierarchy of controls
• Explain each step in the Risk Assessment process
• Provide an example of a machine with the exposure of risk to various hazards (group participation)
• Perform a Risk Evaluation on a specific hazard identified on that machine (group participation)
• Share sample solutions for each of the hazards identified on the machine (group participation)
• Conduct a post review (group participation)